News & Updates
Monday January 12, 2015
The Provost’s Office and Enterprise Systems are pleased to announce an exciting new feature within the student information system.
Starting January 12, 2015, faculty and instructors will have the option to view student photos directly from the class roster.
The new functionality was requested by various faculty members across the university, as well as through the Cougar PAWS Initiative (Promoting Academic Ways to Success). The ability to see photos on the class roster will provide another tool to help faculty and instructors build rapport with students.
Faculty and instructors may access the photos for their assigned courses by following the steps below after they are logged into zzusis. Faculty can use the “Go to my Faculty Center” link or the following navigation:
- Main Menu
- Self Service
- Faculty Center
- My Schedule
- From your course list, use the icon in the first column to view the class roster
- Once the class roster opens, there will be two display options:
1) Link to Photos
2) Include photos in list
- Selecting option 2 will display all student photos in your class roster.
Detailed guidance can be viewed using this link:
Erica Weintraub Austin
Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Matthew A. Skinner
Associate Vice President and Chief Enterprise Systems Officer
- Enterprise Systems meets with the Faculty Senate to Provide an Update on the SIS - 20 November 2014
- Assessing Administrative Systems at WSU - 17 October 2014
- Student Information System to Move to Next Generation Infrastucture - 8 October 2014
- Advising Notes 1.0 Launches to Support Advising - 8 October 2014
- Fall 2014 Census Day Information Available in OBIEE - 15 September 2014