News & Updates
Saturday August 1, 2015
Enterprise Systems is excited to announce that it is working with Student Financial Services to pilot the new Notifications Framework within the Student Information System. The Notifications Framework provides a consistent, extensible communication mechanism that campus can use to enable communications. The Notifications Framework encompasses a broad area of communications between the Student Information System and users. A notification may take these forms or channels:
- Alerts (for example, an informational message that appears on a portal homepage)
- Worklist Items (an actionable hyperlink that appears on a portal homepage)
- Push Notifications (for mobile apps on iOS/Android)
The Notifications Framework:
- Provides options to co-exist with, consume or be utilized by the existing COMMGEN processing.
- Supports both real-time and batch notifications.
- Provides a generic configurable notification solution that is not bound to any particular consuming application or to any particular UI technology.
- Provides a Notification code level API that is flexible enough to be useful to all consuming applications; for example, Application Classes, Components, Application Engine programs, web services and so on.
- Supports Timeout processing for worklist items.
- Provides the ability to generate Reminder notifications for existing notifications.
Enterprise Systems is working to have the pilot in place by October 15, 2015. The pilot will run for the remaining duration of the Fall Semester and plans will be made during the pilot when this new feature will be available to the campus community.
- Photos now Available on the Class Roster - 12 January 2015
- Enterprise Systems meets with the Faculty Senate to Provide an Update on the SIS - 20 November 2014
- Assessing Administrative Systems at WSU - 17 October 2014
- Student Information System to Move to Next Generation Infrastucture - 8 October 2014
- Advising Notes 1.0 Launches to Support Advising - 8 October 2014