News & Updates
Wednesday October 8, 2014
As part of the Cougar PAWS Initiative (Promoting Academic Ways to Success), the Provost Office and Enterprise Systems are pleased to announce the launch of Advising Notes 1.0. Advisors at all campuses may access Advising Notes 1.0 starting Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
Advising Notes 1.0 is a simple SIS feature developed through a series of interactive sessions with advisors from all campuses. The new tool will allow advisors to quickly create notes to record what was discussed and recommended during advising interactions with students. Quick access links in the Advising Center and the My Advisees list will help advisors review notes from previous sessions and follow-up as needed. Over time, the use of Advising Notes 1.0 will help:
- Improve advising relationships with students
- Increase communication between departments
- Provide continuity and consistency in advising across campus, especially as students change majors
In addition, legacy issues preventing some advisors from using the “view data for other students” button in the Advising Center (aka the “drop in” advising button) will be resolved. This change will provide advisors with a predictable navigation path to serve students from within the Advisor Center.
As the advising community begins using Advising Notes 1.0, Enterprise Systems and the Provost Office will continue to collect feedback and recommendations about new features to be included in future versions of the tool. Comments and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face to face training sessions will be offered throughout the month of October. Additional training sessions will be added as needed based on participation levels. Please register in advance in four steps:
- Use this link to log into your training account and sign up (you may be prompted to log in):
- Click the "launch" sideways triangle button to access the schedule
- Click on the preferred session ID
- Click "Enroll me"
A series of new training guides are also available under Advising Section in the training menu in the SIS, or using the direct links below:
- Add/View Comment: https://upk.wsu.edu/AA/index.html?Guid=74239f8e-c2c4-4261-8992-9e0527beb47b
- View Data for Another Student button: https://upk.wsu.edu/AA/index.html?Guid=79fb100d-18c6-43ab-b1b5-9ff7bbfd7ab5
- Open a New Window: https://upk.wsu.edu/Portal/index.html?Guid=5b1a2202-86b4-4f65-87cd-666a40f5737c
- Expanding a text box: https://upk.wsu.edu/Portal/index.html?Guid=7f829364-8895-40df-bac4-80d3df2a436b
Finally, guidelines for effective use of Advising Notes are available at www.advising.wsu.edu.
- Photos now Available on the Class Roster - 12 January 2015
- Enterprise Systems meets with the Faculty Senate to Provide an Update on the SIS - 20 November 2014
- Assessing Administrative Systems at WSU - 17 October 2014
- Student Information System to Move to Next Generation Infrastucture - 8 October 2014
- Fall 2014 Census Day Information Available in OBIEE - 15 September 2014